Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dudefile #1 - The 3-4 Day Rule?

Hi Dude,

Thanks for offering your services. I had a date with a guy, and I thought it went well. I thought we enjoyed each other's company and had potential chemistry. He seemed to like me. But then, I didn't hear from him. Now it's 3 days later and I still haven't heard from him. What's the deal? Is there really that 3-4 day rule? Or is he simply not interested?

And on that note, why would a guy not be interested in me? I'm pretty (really!) and smart and nice, at least I don't let the bitch out until at least the 2nd or 3rd date. But I rarely make it past the first date, and I don't understand why. There are plenty of women who are less attractive, less interesting, less horny than me, and they all find boyfriends easily. I don't understand why I'm not able to connect with guys. They don't seem to even want to pursue me enough to get laid. What's that all about? I mean, I'd prefer a "relationship" but I'm not adverse to just having some fun. Is it me? Or is it them? I'm truly baffled.

Curious what you'll say,
Venus.

Hi Venus,

You’re welcome. So, contacting you for three days means he’s probably not interested. Generally speaking if a dude’s interested, he’ll act like it. If he’s not, he won’t. That simple. Think of it as Occam’s Dude Razor. We’re often spectacularly unmysterious. The DW supposes there are dudes who have rules about when you call and how often you text and keep little charts and graphs about where they take you to dinner and how many buttons of their shirt to leave undone, but that kind of fussiness is for dudes who are up to no good or have weird social issues you don’t want any part of anyway. If you want to find out for sure, call the dude and make him account for himself.

As for why a guy wouldn’t be interested in you, the DW couldn’t say. If you’re pretty and nice and smart as you say, something else is clearly amiss, because those are undoubtedly things dudes are looking for. Could have something to do with letting the bitch out, although th DW has to admit he doesn't really know what that means. Maybe you need to mix up the way you meet dudes or try a different flavor of dude than what you usually go for. You? Them? Logic says it’s probably a bit of both, right?

Best of luck with the dudes,

the DW

No comments: